It’s traditional for mothers in law to get a bit of a ribbing during wedding speeches. If you’re the groom-to-be and you’re feeling brave (i.e. you’ve had a pint or ten), you could let a MIL joke rip in your groom’s speech. If you’re chicken, best leave it for the best man speech. After all, he won’t have to put up with her afterward.
Should you have one of those awful mother in laws we’re always hearing about, maybe just leave the funny jokes for the stag do.
We’ve been researching the best mother in law jokes on the internet, so hold on to your sides…
- Last week my wife and I went to buy a car and the salesman asked if I wanted an airbag. I said: “No thanks. I already have a mother in law.”
- I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life being judged by your mother
- God said: ‘I cannot be everywhere, so I created mother’. The Devil replied: ‘Even she cannot be everywhere, so I created mother in law...’
- What are the two worst things about your mother in law? Her faces.
- Getting my mother in law to accept a free foreign holiday was easy. The hard part was convincing her Dignitas was Swiss for spa
- My mother in law went to the Caribbean. FRED: Jamaica? STEVE: I did, because it’s hurricane season and she’s a horrible person.
- My mother in law asked, ‘If you don’t like me, why do you take me on holiday with you?’. I told her, ‘so I don’t have to kiss you goodbye…’
- I never forget a face, but in my mother in law's case I'm willing to make an exception.
- Adam and Eve were the happiest, and luckiest, couple in the world, because neither of them had a mother in law.
- My mother in law’s coming. I had to clear out half my closet so she has somewhere to hang upside down and sleep…’
- How many mother in laws does it take to change a lightbulb? One, she just holds it up there and waits for the world to revolve around her.
- Every time I’m with my mother in law, I wonder who’s running Hell in her absence.
- What’s the punishment for bigamy? Two mothers in law.
- You know, I don’t know what I’d do without my mother in law – but it’s nice dreaming about it.
- Employee – Can I have a day off next week to visit my mother-in-law? Boss – Certainly not. Employee – Thank you so much! I knew you would be understanding.
- What is the difference between outlaws and in-laws? Outlaws are Wanted.
- Toilets are like mothers in law: the farther away the better.
- I haven't spoken to the mother in law for 6 months now... apparently, it's rude to interrupt.
So, there you have it: the best mother in law jokes for your wedding speeches or stag party. If you plan to use any funny jokes, best make sure you’re prepared for the possibility your MIL will get her own back if she’s scheduled to make a mother of the bride speech…
If you're planning to add a MIL joke to your wedding speech then you've got the balls to plan a pretty epic stag do, which makes you our kind of group! Check out our stag party destinations in the UK, Ireland and Europe to get inspired. You can book with no upfront deposit!
For any advice on booking your stag trip or to let us know how your speech went, just get in touch.