If you’re a Best Man or a Groomsman and you’re wondering how you’re going to get the Groom through his wedding day in one piece, we have three words for you – Groom Emergency Kit.
Even better, if you get a kit together, it’ll make the wedding day go smoother but also double as a thoughtful gift for the Groom!
We’ve created this list so you can put together your Groom Survival Kit quickly, cheaply and with all the essentials.
What is a Groom Emergency Kit bag?
A Groom emergency kit bag or Groom’s survival kit is a pack with some common sense items and some unusual items that the Groom or the Best Man should keep near them to help avoid some common wedding day pitfalls and emergencies.
Don’t worry, it doesn’t need to be a giant duffle bag, just a small pack with a few essentials.
Groom emergency kit list
Having enough energy to dance the night away, please the new in-laws, support the Bride and say hi to everyone you need to is a serious challenge. These essential items will help you make it there with a smile on your face and a spring in your step:
- Can of energy drink
- Mini bottle of water
- Protein or snack bar
- Painkillers (paracetamol and ibuprofen)
- Comfy dancing shoes or padded shoe sole liners
- Packet of tissues
- Hand sanitiser
- Lint brush
- Lip balm
- Mini bottle of Groom’s favourite spirit
- Mints (so he can keep kissing his bride all night)
- Spare socks (it’ll be a long day)
- Sunglasses (if it’s going to be sunny)
- His cologne
- Mini sewing kit (for button emergencies etc.)
- Comb and hair gel (in case your dancing gets a bit sweaty)
- Safety pins (to keep those boutonnieres in place)
- Plasters and blister gel covers
Include these items if they’re relevant to him:
- Allergy or hayfever medications
- Prescription medications
- Glasses cleaner spray and cloth
- Contact lenses and liquid
- Beard oil and a beard comb (if he has a manscaped chin rug)
Other Best Man advice
- Check out our Best Man Guide
- Read the Best Man duties list
- Research how to give a memorable Best Man speech
Want some extra brownie points with the Bride?
Send her our survival kit packing list for her wedding day!