The COVID-19 situation has meant headaches and changes for many Irish couples planning their weddings in 2020. To get a better idea of how they are handling the challenge, Weddingsonline conducted a COVID19 wedding survey of 621 Irish couples. We hope the results summarised below help give you an idea of the impact and might give you some idea of the best way to move forward with your own wedding plans.
COVID19 Wedding Survey Findings
- Only 2% of weddings for surveyed couples were cancelled completely
- 88% of couples moved their wedding date because of COVID-19
- 93% decided to keep their venue, just on a different date
- ⅓ of couples kept their new wedding date in 2020
- Almost 90% of couples decided keep their full wedding plan, instead of choosing a smaller wedding
- About 2/3 of couples are keeping their full guest list on their new wedding date, instead of opting for smaller group
- 75% of surveyed couples had to change their honeymoon plans
- About ⅓ of couples are planning a mini-moon in Ireland and a trip abroad later
Ideas For Stags Affected By Coronavirus
- How to book an Irish stag party as we come out of COVID-19
- Virtual stag party ideas for home
- Stag party ideas for Coronavirus grooms
Feedback And More Information
If you have any questions about the COVID19 wedding survey or incredible stag party ideas for lads affected by Coronavirus, then get in touch!
You can see the full survey details from Weddingsonline.